Monday, April 22, 2013

Giving it All Away with Purpose.

On September 21, 2012, I walked into my managers office and told him I was resigning from my position on December 21st to work full-time on my own company. It was a ballsy move because he could've told me to take a hike which would've been disastrous because I wasn't in the best cash flow position due to my heavy financial losses during the economic meltdown of 2007. Fortunately, I had spent years in preparation and prayer and felt covered in the armor of my community, family, friends and God. So, I put it all on the line and spent the next 3 months not knowing how I was going to fill the financial gap created by my resignation once I quit my job. 5 days before my resignation went into effect, my startup was selected by Dreamit Ventures, the #3 tech accelerator in the nation, to be 1 of 8 companies funded and to participate in their next class which started on January 2, 2013.

It's been three weeks since we completed our program. Our little company is making progress but until we finish raising our angel round, once again, times are very uncertain. This uncertainty has caused me a lot of sleepless nights until a few days ago. After spending some time in quite prayer and having a very raw conversation with God about my circumstances, I received a sense of peace through the following answer He gave me:

"Give it all away with purpose and trust in me completely"

Today, I'm joyfully giving everything I own away, but I've reserved the following 3 items to give with purpose.

Item 1: A Queen Size Solid Cherry Wood Bed


I bought this bed for my first and only home I've ever owned. It's a solid bed that has been a place of great peace. I'm giving this bed away to a person who is starting over and needs a solid place to lay their head. You must be able to pick this item up from my apartment in Orlando Florida. Email me at kylecsteele [at] gmail [dot] com if you or someone who fits this description would like this item.

Item 2: Matching Accent Chairs


I bought these chairs for the first and only home I've ever owned. I've had many awesome conversations in these chairs. I'm giving them away to a mother who'd like a place to sit with her daughter to share in a conversation, drink tea or tell a story. You must be able to pick this item up from my apartment in Orlando Florida. Email me at kylecsteele [at] gmail [dot] com if you or someone who fits this description would like this item.

Item 3: TAG HEUER Kirium Blue Quartz Chrono Watch

A NEW HOME FOUND
I bought this watch in Vancouver Canada for $2,700 dollars. It's a working mans watch that has been in the blue waters of the Pacific and Atlantic and touched by children in a village in Sierra Leone Africa. I was going to pass this watch to my son but I don't have children, so I want to give it to a father who faithfully gets up every morning to go to work, teaches his child from the book of Proverbs, and who'd pass this watch on to his son. Email the first name of the father, one sentence about him and his mailing address to kylecsteele [at] gmail [dot] com.

I pray these items will be a blessing and a source of great memories for those who receive them. If you'd like to help in my journey, visit our Doccaster fundraising page by clicking here. Take care people.

Kyle Christian Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment