Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Stupid Christian

If I were Satan, I would be a master at distracting Christians with shiny objects.

“Hey Christian! Look at this shiny object. I’m going to show you a cool trick that will entertain your ego and make you feel good.

Fix your eyes on this object, which adds zero value in the eternal battle, so I can slip my hands into your soul and take things from you.

Things that will cause you to become less effective at spreading the message of the Cross, which I loathe.

Things that will make you less effective at living out the very Word, which I deeply hate.

If I can distract you long enough, I can dilute your effectiveness and keep you from entering that next door and shining the light that leads people out of my darkness. Distracting you will help me inch closer to victory by giving me more time to devour and torment souls. Stupid Christian.

My latest shiny object? The events surrounding gay marriage. Fixate on it Christian! Lose yourself in it Christian! Forget about your own salvation and duty to serve others. Fixate on it so intensely that you unknowingly let go of your Fathers hand and began to wonder off into the void. By the time you notice, it'll be so dark that you’ll never find your way back home.

I got you, stupid Christian"

No comments:

Post a Comment